Applied Calculus II - MATH 1014
Time: 9:30 - 10:30
Term: W 2018
Sessions for MATH 1014 Winter 2018
Mondays 11:30 -- 1:00pm and Thursdays 2:30 -- 4:00pm
Bethune College (BC) 202
Group: PASS MATH 1014 WINTER 2018
- More information and updates on www.bethune.yorku.ca/pass
- PASS Leader: Vithusha
- Calculus, Early Transcendentals (8th ed.); Author: James Stewart
- WebAssign is mandatory (check the course outline for details; self enrolment): Instructions
- Class Key for WebAssign: yorku.ca 0408 7794
- WebAssign quizzes will be available weekly from Wednesday 6 pm to Sunday 11:59 pm. No extension for any of the quizzes will be offered.
Course outline (PDF)
- Chapter 6 (sections 6.1 -- 6.5)
- Chapter 7 (sections 7.1 -- 7.5, 7.8)
- Chapter 8 (sections 8.1 -- 8.3)
- Chapter 9 (sections 9.1 -- 9.5)
- Chapter 10 (sections 10.1 -- 10.4)
- Chapter 11 (sections 11.1 -- 11.10)
- Test 1: 15%
- Test 2: 15%
- Test 3: 15%
- WebAssign: 15%
- Final exam: 40%
- Note: There will be no plussage
- Note: WebAssign is mandatory and its weight will not be transferred to tests or final exam.
- Note: If a student is not able to write a test for a documented medical reason, then the weight (15%) will be added to the final exam. Medical notes must be dated within 24 hours of the test date, and provided within 1 week of the test date. There will be no make up test !
- Note: Attending Physician's Statement must be filled: http://kopinska.apps01.yorku.ca/attend_physician_statement.pdf
- Note: If a student misses all three tests, the weights will not be transferred to the final.
- Student Photo ID
- Course materials and text books are not allowed
- Calculators are not allowed
- Test 1: Monday, February 5, 2018
- Test 2: Monday, March 5, 2018
- Test 3: Wednesday, March 28, 2018
- Final exam: TBD
- All academic work must meet the standards contained in "Policies, Procedures, and Regulations". Students are responsible for informing themselves about those standards and understanding the consequences of academic dishonesty before performing any course-related work.
- The prerequisite for this course is MATH 1013 - Applied Calculus I. Students who do not have the prerequisite should not enroll in this course.
- Options for extra help: (1) Ask questions during lectures (if you do not understand the materials, ask questions before it is too late); (2) Read the text book; (3) Discuss with fellow students; (4) Attend Math-Lab help centre; (5) Ask tutors to help address the problems; (6) make use of office hours.
- If you do not have a WebAssign account, you will need to buy one online in order to be able to answer quizzes.
- Electronic devices (e.g., cell/head phones, CD players) MUST be turned OFF during lectures. No telecommunication with outside the class is allowed while attending the lectures.
- Students with documented disabilities requiring academic accommodations for tests/exams or during lectures/laboratories are encouraged to contact the Counselling and Disability Services at 416-736-5297 to discuss appropriate options. Specific information about CDS is available on-line at http://www.yorku.ca/cds/contactus/.